Monday, March 31, 2014

Mary Jane: 1 - Anxiety:0

Having this problem with anxiety for 4 years made me learn how to fight it. My Doctor told me some tricks that I could use, like breathing slow, at first I though that I was just a stupid idea, but it's really not. If you breath slow, just get focus on that, it really works. It's better if you lay down in your bed, in silence, thinking in everything that make you happy today, or yesterday, or any day, that distracts your mind and  the anxiety goes away. If I'm on the street or just some social event, I still do my breathing, it takes more time because it's more difficult to concentrate but with happy thoughts, maybe some water, breath some air, calm, the anxiety goes away. When the situation is more than this, like real strong anxiety, just sit, breath, take some time by yourself or with someone you trust, the worst feeling just takes 10 min, never more than that, it's physically impossible , you know in few minutes it will go away, just breath. When you feel better it's really important that you comeback to the situation that gave you that anxiety, so you know it's okay, you controlled the situation. If you just leave, your mind will associate that situation to bad anxiety. Be strong, take your time, try one, two, three times, doesn't matter, but do it until you got it.
What also help me a lot, is do thing that I love before. Shopping, be with my family and friends, watch a movie, paint my nails... It's different for each one of you, so do what you enjoy, even if sometimes the anxiety makes you feel you're not in the mood, that's a lie, once you do it you'll see how great you feel. 
This are just some tips, but I hope it's useful for you.

Today I thought it would be a bad day, but I was wrong, I survived to this Monday day one.
Dear Spring, I hate rain and wind at the same time, it's like being attacked by all angles,it's not a fair war. Please be good to me and bring the sun and happy colors.

Take each day as it comes *
MaryJane

No comments:

Post a Comment